View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2013, 12:41 PM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Why do you play dominions?

With regard to moderation, this forum is still moderated. It's not quite as active as it was, with more activity shifting to other places, but it is still regularly checked and all reports are checked.

I never resigned my moderatorship of the Dominions 3 forums here, so I'm still doing it when moderator intervention is required. And when it's required, I'll moderate according to the guidelines set by Shrapnel Games.

In this instance it is, in my opinion, a good thing, because both the old official forum and the new official forum are thus managed by the same person, which ensures both a continuity of the community and a consistency of approach and behavior. I would prefer it if everyone refrained from fanning flames between different forum groups.

The Dominions 3 community (the community that originally formed here at any rate) has had quite enough shocks, upheavals and the broader community (with an influx of new people from various other corners of the net on the new official forum) does not need the resurrection of old grudges and interpersonal conflicts from here in any way, shape or form. The user base from here (including the people banned from here and who largely congregate at Dom3Mods) is a large, fairly coherent group that makes up a lot of the activity in the community, which will inevitably have an impact across forum borders if people do not keep that in mind.

The bottom line most of the time is that whatever happens at other boards is the business of those other boards and nothing to do with this one unless that business is deliberately brought over and/or intentionally made to have an impact (such as organizing board invasions or the like). Note that this statement is general in nature and would or should apply on almost any forum where it is posted.

In this case the roots of this thread are in what happened at another community, so discussion of some cross-forum business is practically inevitable in it. And as long as it stays reasonable, it's not a problem.