Thread: MBT's
View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2015, 05:00 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

Mark,
Thanks saves me sometime! I'll still build on this though I've come to the same conclusion. I don't think these failed larger/up gunned MBT's are due to engineering failures as much as the role of armor and combat have changed since the Cold War where the enemy on ethier side had thousands of tanks at their disposal and they wouldn't be very practical in an urban enviroment. And yes that's one of the mods on my list to add the turret mounted ATGW to the type. Also on my list is one of the earlier types (89?) has been modernized to include the addition of a two tubed SAM system mounted on the turret. Plus the light 120mm MBT's that have been fielded since the beginning of this year. I'll be a very busy man this summer and as much time as I'm allowed SHOULD Andy and Don decide to proceed as per the post previous to yours. I personally miss the Sino-Defense site but for some unknown reason they dropped all their MBT data including the archive data though they still cover the aeronautical stuff.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..