View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2008, 04:58 AM

Captain

Saxon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MP Guide to MA Ermor

Interesting guide, thanks for pulling something substantial together on MA Ermor, it has not gotten much attention in the past.

One comment, you have Fanaticism being cast three times in one script. If I recall, it is only effective once per battle. I am not sure, but if so, you don’t want to burn your script up with something that only works once. Personally, I almost always put Fanaticism at the end of the scripts. My thought is, more units have been wounded then and can benefit from the boost in morale.

It is also worth mentioning the usefulness of Death Mentors to counter the research problems this nation faces. Death gems are common with your paths and they are easy to manufacture with your Grand Thaum’s. I tend to slap them on indy mages and let the national mages focus on re-animation.

Tied to that, to get really big armies, you need to re-animate more than just horsemen. Yes, horsemen are great, but the capital only recruitment limits the total size you can pull off. The long dead and soulless are not that exciting, but when you have hundreds of them, backed by Darkness, Army of Gold or various other buffs, they are dangerous. They are also, by definition, chaff. You need some of that to protect your horsemen, who should not be thrown away so lightly.

I like the Oracle build, I will have to try it out.