View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2007, 06:12 PM

Private

Kammak is on a distinguished road
Default Issue with planet type and new race

This has happened a few times now since I've begun re-playing SEIV....

I'll start a new game and create a new race. I'll pick a ship set from one of the standard races, then I'll pick the "Environment" settings for planet type and atmosphere.

But when the game starts, I have the wrong tech for colonization, but my "Homeworlds" are on the proper types.

Example - I picked "Gas Giants" & "Oxygen" for my new race. Game starts, I have 3 Homeworlds on Gas Giants with O2. However, when I go to the research window, I have started with "Rock Planet Colonization" instead of "Gas Giant Colonization".

The map gives both Rock and Gas Giant planets, that have 02, a green asterick. But I only have the "Rock Colony" component available for ship designs.

This has happened several times now, regardless of whether I choose gas giant, ice, or rock during the race creation setup.

Have I done something wrong/missed a step, or is this an unresolved issue with SEIV? If the latter, what is the workaround, other than *hoping* the game matches my selections every time I create a new game?

Kammak

PS - I have no custom shipsets or downloaded races installed, just the canned stuff. I have a self-created mod that DOES NOT change any technology, just adds mounts and a few other changes (like a universal colony module in the components file). All the items I've modded have worked fine in-game.