View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2007, 11:36 AM

Private

scifier is on a distinguished road
Default Supplies and Ordnance as Cargo

Hi. I'm new to this forum and new to Space Empires, though I have played around with modding the Total War series and Hearts of Iron 2, so have a little bit of familiarity with modding text files. I have a question that I couldn't find an answer to in searching the site. The answer may already be there but I couldn't find it. I am trying to make a change in the files that would allow freighters to pick up supply or ordnance from a planet and transport it to another planet. As far as I can see the game does not treat these two categories as cargo. It seems kind of silly that these two categories cannot be transported, say from an inner system that really does not have any warships floating around in it to an active system on a combat front where ships are sucking up all the supplies and ordnance. Does anyone have an idea on how to make these things transportable by freighter? Tried the Balance Mod which in the description said there were more things that could be tranported in cargo, but found that freighters would not load supplies or ordnance there either. Thanks to anyone who can help.