View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2021, 03:53 AM

Corporal

ErikCumps is on a distinguished road
Default Re: War Cabinet 0.8.3 is available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry2017 View Post
Thanks for the help.

First, the error message was no help. I know it's a pain coding specific error messages but a message pointing at the incorrect path would have steered me in the right direction.

The red highlight didn't help me. The whole game config section was highlighted red from the moment I opened the preferences screen. It was never not highlighted. I assumed it was an indication that that game config was active. It you'd highlighted just the file path text box after I entered the incorrect path, I might have gotten a clue.

No, I wasn't thinking about using War Cabinet for PBEM. That just happened to be the last path I tried while trying to make it work. The instructions indicted to enter the game path. I assumed you meant the folder with the actual game file I wanted to work with: the Saved Games folder or the PBEM Games folder. You should have just said: "C:\...\WinSPWW2\" in the instructions.
Hi Larry2017,

Thanks, that's valuable feedback!

The error and the red highlighting in the preferences dialog box will be improved in the next (bug or feature) release.

With the "Instructions", do you mean the note that is shown when you hover over the input field?

Click image for larger version

Name:	PreferencesHelp1.png
Views:	164
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	16268

Or the note that is shown when you select the question mark icon at the top of the dialog box and click on the input field?

Click image for larger version

Name:	PreferencesHelp2.png
Views:	164
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	16269

I will make these messages more consistent.

Erik