View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2021, 12:08 PM

Corporal

Isto is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Stealth Plane vs Air Defence

Ok so i researched more on this subject, and i think i noticed what is the reason behind this development. There are 4 generals that have retired from service due to old age just recently in Finnish Military. So, there are some younger (and most likely foolish) people who have taken their spot.

So this is what have happened, and the result is that Finnish Military spendings have gone off the charts, and somehow the Government is either pressured, or somehow fooled to apply.

These people have already shown the capability to lie or mislead with a straight face. Also, the prime minister seems somehow out of place when those guys were around her. Might just be, that she just dont like them, and i cant blame her for that.

So, a bad development for Finnish Nation in my opinion.

Also when i look back to 90's and so, the capabilities of Finnish leaders seem a lot higher. So also the politicians do not seem as capable as they were. (With people like Martti Ahtisaari, Mauno Koivisto and so on)

They are also known for feats like international peace negation (Martti Ahtisaari) and dramatically reducing the power of President while being a President. (Mauno Koivisto)

Also to mention, that Mauno Koivisto served under Lauri Törni in World War II. (Lauri Törni is the same person than US special force Larry Thorne that vanished in Vietnam)

So kind of the opposite on what they are doing now.

(On side note, Finnish government budget seems to have risen to 60mrd, but still its quite low compared to their current military expenses of 5mrd. I also noticed, that military budget have doubled already on a short notice and if i am right, it continues to rise. Its already something like 8% of the annual expenses.)

(The way i see it, there might be madness in their minds, the same kind than collectors, so they must always have the newest equipment and their mind wont leave them be if there is even one collectible missing on their collection, so they have to get it no matter what and are capable of discarding reason to acquire it. In Finnish case, they wont even preserve the old equipment, they seem to just destroy it. In Russia, they will keep it as reserve, but are plagued with the same madness.)

(There is also this same issue in Russia that is yet to come, so Putin will eventually retire, and there will be some new people.)

Last edited by Isto; December 21st, 2021 at 12:36 AM..