View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2009, 01:59 PM

Sergeant

JMHawkins is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Still a little confused.

Zal,

Strider covered the basics for where combat occurs. I’ll add one thought about the convoy that was attacked passing through a node. Was that a base that you controlled, or one the enemy controlled? You can’t move through one enemy base to another, but it is possible to move through one enemy base to get to another friendly base. However, there is a possibility (exact chance depends on the forces patrolling the enemy base) of being intercepted. Other than that, in transit combat doesn’t happen.

Your report about the gunnery combat after what you expected to be the last day (and no air strikes) sounds like it could be a bug. I’ll look into it – do you remember if the enemy was invading your base?

Quote:
when invading a battered wake with 5 battleships and an amphibious unit
The latest patch fixes a bug with bombardment, but perhaps there’s still a problem. Battleships generally will only need one round to close to bombardment range, but also bombardment doesn’t guarantee success. Did the defending carriers score hits on your troop transports? That will reduce your odds of capturing the base.

The timing of torpedo attacks is completely random. I wanted them to evoke a sense of anticipation or dread. The torpedoes are running beneath the surface hidden from view. Their impact is supposed to be dramatic. Now, I’m sure some players think I got it right and other think I blew it, but that’s what I was trying to do anyway.

For you question #3, there are no reports for what you mention, though that sounds like a good suggestion for a future patch. Strider’s correct that there’s no way to play the PBEM rules against the AI. The differences are there to reduce the amount of email exchanges needed to complete a turn, so I didn’t put much thought into making the available for solitaire or FtF play.

Thanks for the reports and question. I hope you keep having fun with the game.

John Hawkins
KE Studios, LLC
www.kestudios.com