View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2010, 07:09 PM

Colonel

Burnsaber is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ordeal for turn 31+: Pet the Destroyer

ORDEAL FOR TURNS 31-??

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pantokrator

The Sing of the Slumbering Elders will finally pass and the madness in the hearts of men will pass. However, your Ordeals are far from over. My dear Pet has fallen to the strange madness spread by the eldritch constellation and is becoming more unstable day by day. As much as I love playing with him, he needs to be put down. To make it intresting, I'm going to let you contestants do it. If you want to be gods, you certainly can handle one lousy pet of mine?

I will still have control of the "Destroyer", as I like the adorable thing, for some time. Because it amuses me, I will let my faithful servants suggest of who would be most able to defeat the beast and move him to face that contestant. One would be wise to note though I will reward the slayer of destroyer with great treasure as I crown the beastslayer as my Divine Warrior.

The Pet of the Pantokrator, called "Destroyer"*, is currently placed in the Sea of Vastness (14). Here he is!

Ain't he just adorable? Who could slay such a precious little thing? If you don't have the heart to do the deed, you can use a boon to request the Pantokrator to allow you to move him. All orders to move him have to be simple, like "move him towards province X" or "Move him towards nation Y". It will calculate the fastest route to that province/nation (if several paths are both as "fast", he will choose one in random) and move towards that province one province per turn.

You can choose to use two boons to move him "two" provinces each turn. Sure, he can only move one, but it can be useful, since if two players move him in opposite directions by the same amount, he will ignore both orders in confusion. If the orders are to move him in different directions, he will vector the directions and go between them for the best of his ability (if he can't vector the directions, he will stay still).

He is constantly fed thanks to his Bane Venom Charm producing corpses for him, but Pantokrator has not yet received the warning message of him "getting out of control" so he will likely be controllable for few turns at least.

The Slayer of the Pet will receive the following items and get one boon to their total as they are crowned as the "Divine Warrior". If the beast is not slain by turn 41, Pantokrator will kill it himself and all players will lose one boon.

Before anyone calls BS on it's starting location (which is admittely disadvantegous for some nations), I randomized the starting location from the three provinces I conquered at the start of the game, so the event really could have (and still can) affect anyone.

Also from all this point onward, all provinces under the control of the Pantokrator can be attacked without special permission, with the exception of the central island. So if it is outside the island, it's free game.

*=You really thought that I could get through this thing without at least one Heavy Metal reference? At least this one is somewhat thematical. The thing has a theme song :P

Last edited by Burnsaber; March 24th, 2010 at 07:24 PM..