View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2013, 10:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

Darkwind is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Silent Hill - Multi Era - Vet & intermediate - Running

I'm not sure I did considerable damage if the chaff you generate in a turn nearly outweighs the damage I do To any other nation the losses from, for example, taking my capital would have been catastrophic, but I never even managed to dent your army's total size.

I don't think LA C'tis is necessarily reliant on their undead chaff (as opposed to somebody like LA Agartha, where your base troops really aren't worth using). Certainly you'll often see LA C'tis relying on hordes of Tomb Chariots, but that's not a necessity, and you can get along just fine with Desert Rangers, City Guards and (in CBM) Falchioneers, though the lack of predator lizards from earlier eras does hurt. If I had had enough gold (there it goes again!) I could have gone from a majority Tomb Chariot army to a more mixed army without too much trouble if I found Banishment spam too dangerous, and you should be recruiting as many Desert Rangers as you can anyways as LA C'tis. Also, LA C'tis's undead aren't necessarily easy to banish - Tomb Chariots have base MR 11, and Tomb Wyrms base MR 16 (plus a boatload of health), and C'tis has the same national undead buff spells as Ermor does. I actually had a small group of Tomb Wyrms set to Guard Commander to attract banishment spam in the last battle (though they didn't do much of anything, sadly). They're quite good at it indeed, and had I positioned the wights a bit further back they could probably have eked out a few more turns for me to spam Wither Bones.

I honestly think Ermor comes out the worse in this matchup - every Sauromancer having access to Wither Bones is absurdly powerful, and I think my losses were due more to sheer numbers, both of thaumaturgs and of longdead horsemen, as well as my own misplays, than to a strategic advantage Ermor holds over C'tis.

fake edit: I just realized I said Tomb Guards earlier when I meant Desert Rangers. To clarify, Tomb Guards are heavier, but Desert Rangers have mapmove 2 and are thus better.