View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2007, 01:36 PM

Lieutenant General

Xietor is on a distinguished road
Default Pale one soldier-attack 8/old age

I just took a look at Argatha MA. I know the powers that be must have had a good reason, but why is the pale one soldier have an attack of 8? And that is the unit they get on its pd after pd 20. The heavy infantry is a better unit, and they get that unit in the early pd.

pd over 20 is supposed to give you a better unit, with an attack of 8, i would prefer to just keep getting the heavy infantry. Since it is a special unit of argatha, i do not think it should suck. With an attack of 8 it sucks.

Argatha is not one of the tougher MA races, and i do not think any of its troops should suffer old age. I think the developers went overboard with old age. I can see marigon, ermor, caelum, and some of the tougher races getting hit with old age, but not the weaker races.

And to be honest, the ancient one should have an attack of 10. With many players using w9 bless, and other races having sacreds with unreal defense, you cripple Argatha by having its sacred units with attacks of 8 and 9. Make them 10 so they have a prayer of fending off w9 vans early in the game.

Argatha is limited enough with no ranged troops, and only a 30 admin. castle. They get no bonus like ulm on starting points. raise their sacreds to attack 10, remove old age from their mages, and they still not in the upper half of MA races, but it would help some.

I would not mind seeing the pale one soldier removed and a boulder throwing unit added at its capital similar to the giants. That may help them with high defense units early in the game.