View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2009, 04:10 AM

Captain

Quitti is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tips for Vanheim

I'm currently in a CBM mp-game (if you really want to know which, dig it out yourselves) with a master lich who is imprisoned w4e4d9n4 order3 sloth1 cold3 magic1 with dom7. Worked quite well so far - though in retrospect I'd like to swap out that order for growth or get more sloth for growth. One possibility would be dom5 order3 sloth3 cold3 growth3 magic1, though it'd leave you with some extra points for one point of a random path of your choice (blood? astral?)

That lich is good for forging boosters and that's your d9 access right out of the box after he wakes up. Tartarians are easy to get with him, and ench8 and you got your liches. Only problem will be astral access, which I solved by finding some random s1 mages and working up from there.

The lack of good magic paths (air is pretty one trick pony, thunderstrikes, and confusion is good if thunderstrikes won't work).

d9 gives a nice starting boost for your Vanheres who also get some def, reinvig and a small regen. d9 also works wonders with sacred shroud + seeking arrows, which you will have plenty of access to (I recall that affliction chance does work with them).

And you have blood. Blood is good and useful, except that you won't be getting much of anything from there until very late game (thanks to your abysmal research), at which point storm demons are not that much useful anymore