View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2017, 12:07 PM

Captain

RecruitMonty is on a distinguished road
Disk Re: WinSP MBT: Das Reich

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSheppard View Post
That works. Let me download them and zip them up for you on my site. Give me one...
Halleluja!

Alright, now it is official:

UPDATE FEBRUARY 2017:

At long last version 1.1.6P of the mod is here.

LINK:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/81im2ix1t...y-_HZDkBa?dl=0

MIRROR:
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showp...&postcount=417*

I would like to remind everyone that this is merely an update to the mod - if you want the full version I suggest you download 1.1P, then download the .lbm pictures in 1.1.5P and then the latest update 1.1.6P (in that order) over-writing whatever you are prompted to overwrite as you go along.

The usual warnings apply. Don't modify your regular version of SPMBT. Use a copy.

Below is a copy of this release's readme with details of what has been done.

Quote:
... The files in this update "WinSPDasReich1.1.6P" are compatible with version 10 of WinSPMBT; some files will need to be over-written, this is intentional. Some cosmetic changes have been made to the "soundmod" OOBs (addition of some new icons and .lbms to the US OOB as well as new anti-tank gun icons for the rest).

All of the OOBs (German or otherwise) are now up to date (incl. bug-fixes relating to icons, sound tweaks etc.).

Fourteen new / revised sound files (see "Das Reich Sound Guide"): 8, 11, 14, 15 - new aircraft rocket sounds; 6 - new aircraft autocannon; 33, 34, 85, 93, 95, 96, 249 - new vehicle sounds; 10, 131 & 241 - new infantry weapon sounds and a new "click" sound (radio static).

Sixty-six new (.lbm) pictures: thirty-one new USA and USMC infantry unit pictures (implemented at present only in the US Army OOB, "soundmod"), thirty-four new or revised pictures for the German OOBs (35 & 44) and one "27602", for the standard Egyptian OOB (Vickers Mk.VIc).

Thirty-seven new text files added (OOB 35). Sixty-seven revised text files.

Seven new or revised graphics' files (including the new anti-tank gun icons* - implemented in the German and "soundmod" OOBs, the new M59 APC and M113 "Zippo" icons and a new - camo - version of the Dornier VSTOL troop transporter).

Ten scenarios have been included with this release (400 to 413)

* thanks to Mario_Fr for his sterling work on these ATGs! ...
The scenarios cover a range of topics:

400 pits a Coy. of OOB 44's Paras against some FLN insurgents from OOB 22 in the Algerian hinterland.

402-404 pits the forces of OOB 35 (2R) against the Soviet Union in an infamous setting.

405 and 406 pits OOB 35 (2R) against the US Army in rural France.

409 pits a group of French troops - armed to the teeth with a combination of French and German weaponry - against Viet Minh Guerillas.

411-413 pit various German formations against the Viet Minh in the northern jungles of (still, just about) French-Indochina (ca. 1953-54).

I hope you all enjoy them (maybe someone might even post up an AAR ).

As always constructive criticism is welcomed and any tips on how to improve scenarios or get around problems that crop up with them are very much appreciated. Anyone is welcome to try their hand at devising their own and to post up screenshots etc..

Regards,

Monty

* Thanks to MarkSheppard for hosting the mod on his excellent website!

Last edited by RecruitMonty; February 16th, 2017 at 12:27 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RecruitMonty For This Useful Post: