View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2021, 04:02 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: M4 Carbine Range question

Everyone has brought up good points here.

And I would have hoped to some degree Andy and Don could've taken a little breather after the Patch Release. But things come up after a release and somethings just need immediate attention at times concerning BOTH games.

It's clear to me that Don has already indicating that it seems he's going through the data base to address the "inconsistencies" as they arise. I only hope he's making time for his walks and enjoy a "liquid refresher" as needed. And it goes without saying that Andy enjoys the view and does the same.

I would suggest also in "loose" terms no one has mentioned the weapon interface with the shooter. I purpose that any "future inconsistencies" unless of course there's "hard data" to support otherwise, that we chock up some of these "inaccuracies", and using the game term (RL also.) EXPRIENCE.

The term covers a broad range of issues such as training, "stress", morale and whatever other calculus is used.

I offer myself as a case study (And please note I can't address some issues that fall under "non-disclosure".)

When in the USN/SS we were issued the 1911 Colt .45 through the course of my career (The 9mm came about around the time I retired in 2002.).

I shot as Qualified/Marksman/Expert (Once) in order of "how often".

When I started my current job back in 2004 we used the PK-89 9mm that weapon I truly disliked, I have big hands and it still never "felt" right and the sights, well use any adjective you wish here, weren't that great in my opinion. For this and currently, we are expected to qualify as set forth by the USN, we shoot as an active duty member is expected with the same course of fire.

I shot Qualified.

About 8-10 years ago we received our new 9mm's and you would've thought it was Christmas!!
Marksman first time out/Expert/Qualified (Once) a note about this is, I had a "real bad day" with a family member and will simply say, I shouldn't have been on the range that day due to my stress level.

My training Lt./Rng. Master and I talked about it afterwards as he saw for the first time I didn't "have my game face" on at the range. That was almost three years ago. I keep it in my head to learn from it, since then EXPERT again.

This was to illustrate the point I'm trying make at the top of this.

Also don't "our troops" (AI's well.) get a little better over time? Some of you might not see this because of how you play the game(s), I do as I always, again, play long campaigns that last at least 21 to 31 battles over the course of 12-18 months.

Wasn't a "slouch" when it came to the M-14 (My favorite.) and M-16A3 (Both w/USN and work early on, under a different contract at the time.).

Anyway have a Great Day!!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: