View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2020, 10:22 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Jets & Planes but no UAV's here.

Thank You Don, you answered my question as I poised In the "EDIT" of my last post.

I guess I can within the parameters you set aside and I fully agree with, recheck my data for the improved FC, EW and right now I forgot the third item you had in that post.

Another issue came up while investigating these platforms with the "newer" source data and that's the fact these planes were armored to some degree. It bears investigation but my thinking is something similar to the A-10 comes to mind due to the close nature of their operations.

GREEN will be a fine color for them and the AC-130W and AC-130J BLK30 additions. After all "It's the Luck of the Irish" that comes to mind as in 55 years of operations only 17 aircraft have been lost to combat operations. Of those, 15 in Vietnam and 2 since the last being Sprit '03.

The planes get saved and we get 12 USA slots, sounds REAL GOOD to me as well!! That's a real good deal all-around.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..