Old February 10th, 2009, 07:02 PM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MA Mictlan - An Introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMorrison View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AreaOfEffect View Post
Still, I like your shrewd approach. Granted, having scales on might make you a target, but it might also make you one of those, "I'll deal with them later" factions who creep along the game being unchecked because they have a good bless, powerful research, and perhaps some good diplomacy.
You mean one of those "oh god please sing a NAP with me so I have half a chance in this game" nations?

I'm curious about this Mictlan-Priest-centric strategy, as I am quite fond of M3 on a nation that has incredibly low cost research mages. Also, I can see good uses for all variants of the Priest, as the game progresses (though the N variant's best use is as your research baseline while the rest get more busy).

I may try them again in SP just to see..... I'd personally use a bit different bless though, I'm not sure. That's one of my biggest problems with Mictlan, I can't find a bless that I really feel is a game winner, and for the cost, F9/W9 just doesn't give me that vibe (playstyle playstyle playstyle ).

Oh, and I seem to remember a certain person making ample use of Sky Priests..... Arrow Fend handily stopped 20 Nether Darts spamming Starspawns from annihilating an army.

That would be a High Priest of the Sky casting Arrow Fend, not a Sky Priest. Sky Priests in CBM 1.3 can spam confusion, but 1.4 bumps Confusion to A2. A few Sky Priests can also cast Aim for your other mages, and maybe Orb Lightning. If you are bringing a staff of storms to help you cast Fog Warriors then the A1s can all Summon Storm Power.

I prefer a F9S9 bless as Area of Effect suggests, and you can easily get that with an imprisoned Oracle without having horrible scales. I tried Dom10, Order3, Sloth3, Heat3, Growth1, Misf2, Magic1 and it worked quite nicely. Dom10 lets you hire more sacreds. I wouldn't take Death scales with MA Mictlan because I really like the High Priests of the Sky.
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?