View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2020, 04:10 PM

Major

Thanked 1,053 Times in 619 Posts
RetLT is on a distinguished road
Default Re: [WIP] Campaign - Arctic Struggle

I used my build points to buy 2 extra landing craft.

I put my HMGs and mortars on the island at the top right to pick off targets at range once they were spotted.

I laid smoke and landed my DUWKs at the lower/middle part of the lower island and worked my way north.

Once that was clear and the landing craft had loaded tanks, I again laid smoke and crossed the short straight between the lower island and the shore on the left side of the water.

Forces then split into 3 groups. One went up and right to clear the units across from my HMGs. One went up and left to finish off the German mortars and take the central objectives. The third went down and left to clear that area.

Once these were clear I sent one group up the road towards the final objective and had the central group head the same way but cut above the woods.

I used the aircraft to spot targets and then had my arty and HMGs take them out. Enemy mortars were the top target.

My heaviest losses were from German arty fire while my units were grouped together after landing. I had the DUWKs pull back after landing so that they would not be destroyed by this.

I decided against landing at the points across from the top right island since it was a narrow front and had wire and presumably mines. Since the DUWKs would be carrying the troops I decided they were too vulnerable to make an opposed landing. I figured that I had plenty of time so I chose the safer spot.

When it came to ferrying tanks I landed them at the same point as my initial landing and then had them go north on their own. Another landing craft was there to shuttle them across and the first landing craft went back to repeat the process. This was faster than transporting them all the way to their final destinations.
The Following User Says Thank You to RetLT For This Useful Post: