View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2009, 10:41 AM

Major

Urendi Maleldil is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Some new component examples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Knyght View Post

This mod is indeed based originally on Urendi Malendil's Masters Mod 1.7. It was a great mod to play. I had a number of ideas to improve or add to it, and sent him a notice saying that we were going to do a mod based off of his original work.

Among the Master traits now are an improved Star Trek Masters, an improved Star Wars Masters, and also a Babylon 5 Masters trait.
Interesting. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

You should be aware that there are a couple of game imbalances with the Masters Mod.

The Assimilation Masters are relatively weak compared to other Masters initially, but then become extremely powerful late in the game after their atmosphere converters kick in (if I remember correctly, it takes each converter about 100 turns).

And the Megascale Masters can also become extremely powerful because of their Space Elevators and other resource gen components. I tried to make them very expensive to compensate, but if their economy is booming it makes no difference.

You might want to look at ways to blunt the late game advantages those two have.

The Force Masters can become bogged down later in the game because the force user components are very expensive. This is especially a problem for the AI, who will use Jedi or Sith components on every ship.

You also might want to look at ways to make Force races run a little smoother once they have researched Force components.

-Km :�