View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2021, 08:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road
Default Design issue report for Scenario #139 Battle of the Beachhead

Pretty much quick question.
I am replaying some old Lundstrom's scenarios that made me fall in love in this game and apparently scenario 139 Battle of the Beachhead is bugged?

You got Polish naval infantry battalion with some PT tanks. They were absolute elite of the Polish Army back then, but for any apparent reason they seem to kinda be malnourished North Koreans :V
- Entire battalion has NOT A SINGLE RPG (not sure if for any reason but it kinda looks like manually removed or dramatic fault at OOB update and scenario update)?
- They barely have any MMGs - this is general ORBAT error as Polish naval infantry squads did have PKMs and had them plentiful;
- The support sections are incorectly named as battalion (?) HQ Units? Looks like copy-paste option went wrong there
- Same units are armed with 5,45mm RPK? Polish never used those except of some SFs;
- Polish SKOTs are obsolete as of 1989 - 2AP variant was pretty much in use but...
- ...but not in the naval that used OT-62 Topaz for that reason (also with 2AP turrets)
- SKOTs seem to be bought in platoons - probably obsolete solution since only for couple of years Polish Marines get its mechanized equivalent
- Also that battalion seems to be dramatically missing ATMGs and recoiless rifles

Generally the second danish F-16s rape PT tank (and it happens!) entire polish battalion is decimated by simple M113 they have no means against whatsoever.

Either Ulf was having a bad day, or he hates Poles for some reason, or simply several OOB updates and game patches turn this scenario into "nothing is ready sir but we gotta go" situation.

I recommend updating those AT weapons, probably adding some proper battalion level heavy weapons, if not prefferably converting this battalion into mechanized OT-62 based as it should be in reality.

Thank you :V