View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2019, 05:05 PM

Private

76mm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Questions re Map editor

Sorry, I just saw your responses, I was reloading the page, but didn't see the new page with your responses...

First, very nice Goldap map and winterized version!

Two more questions:
1) I can't figure out how to open the .shp files as graphics files...I guess they are binary, or at any rate not standard graphics files that can be viewed in PaintShopPro & similar? I didn't see any threads about terrain graphics mods either--is it possible to mod terrain graphics files?

2) Even if the terrain files can't be modded, is it really not possible to rename the files used for winter terrain as the files used for summer terrain, so that the winter terrain would be used instead? I'm sure the renaming would be super-tedious, but once you'd done it, wouldn't the game look to the file names when loading terrain? You could save the files in a separate directory and swap them out with JSGME, so it would be super-easy once you'd renamed the files. From your answers I understand that this wouldn't work, but I wasn't sure whether you understood what weird thing I was talking about, so wanted to double-check...