Thread: Any Thoughts?
View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2020, 12:57 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any Thoughts?

For WW2 battles where I am using a leg infantry batallion core then I use an 80x80 hex map.

However, if I was to play in Burma and similar jungle terrain then I probably would go for something smaller - its a lot of sloffing to get through some jungle maps if there are no clear trails.

Or one could add a dozen or two turns, we have given the player the flexibilit to design the map - unlike the original game where you were left with the turns, map, victory hex placement and visibiliy the generator rolled, and that was that. Just go into the view map functionality in the setup.

For an air mobile campaign, then you could get away with a much larger map due to chopper speed. But then the AI will be more spread out, he will have to trudge long distances to retake any V-hexes, but there will be more of him since your helos and other gixmos are expensive toys and VC do not generally have point-sinks like MBT and offmap arty. (I probably would handicap myself by limiting the lift to maybe 1 company of the batallion at a time).