Thread: Finnish OOB 6.0
View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2012, 06:14 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Finnish OOB 6.0

dnmt,
1. Are the "Jourkkotuotetut" units in your source front line AA units? I assume so, but I could see the ? asked only because my translator(s) didn't translate that word, issue being to clarify that these aren't test and evaluation and or training units. As your source indicates the first units will be equipped through 2013, so wouldn't JAN 2014 be a better compromise date to allow for any delays?

2. As was transferred from the Patch Post to the SP/SPAA thread Pg. 4 Post #35 Item A2 I was going to address the same issue on FC, VISION and EW. I generally agree with them and wonder the following if the EW would be better at 8(?), Vision 45(?), for the EW issue the network can shutdown once the AIM 120 AMRAAM has detected the target by it's own on board radar system. Also system operability and capabilities will greater as the radars are not as centralized as some other systems now that Finland and Norway are using the improved SENTINAL Radars.

3. See the April 1/11 note under the "Contract" section the SISU 8x8will be the main platform while the SISU 4x4 will act in the supply and support roles. The same info is in the SISU refs posted with the above mentioned Item A2. This why I only submitted the 8x8 and that as I well know you're aware of (That's a compliment.) the same thing as I concerning the general feeling about support vehicles i.e. radars and such and dare I say trucks in general as the "great" truck debate went on for a very short time around the time this was submitted in the PP Thread.

The below ref. covers all the above with most of the technical and performance data as well.
http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/...Systems-05398/

Pic:
Click image for larger version

Name:	PUB_NASAMS-II_Communication_FLO_lg.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	11864

Regards,
Pat
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: