View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2022, 03:46 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Suggestions for improvement

I hope I don't regret this but, I'll address #4. That is not quite true, I've SO MANY times have targeted the AI field artillery/or mortars that was "discovered" either visually or by seeing smoke in a units LOS.

You shouldn't rely on 1 or 2 attacks. It's been my experience that you haven't taken them all out and as the field of battle allows I will probably we revisit the location before the "suppression" wears off for any other units undamaged or as you point out, any crews that might want to reman their guns in that area.

I will further expand my bombardment OUTWARDS and CONTRACT at some point back to center again.

I also will try to slip a couple of mounted APC/IFV's around what I believe is the weak side (And hopefully supported by a tank or two.) to "sweep" the area to further uncover additional hidden units in my search while also looking for the enemies HQ.

I myself will try to reman any abandoned artillery etc. and if possible, recover it and tow it to another location and get it back into the fight.

Too many buttons or shift "F" key whatever's can be just as hard to remember as to "what does what, where; when and how". If you haven't seen it, last time I looked it's a pretty long list.

As the "commander" it's my job to come up with the fix, plan it and execute it until the problem is resolved one way or another.

I rely on only 1 button/key and that's the one in my head.

But that's just me.

Besides, I believe the "lights are out at the office" unless someone uncovers a "BUG".

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; May 1st, 2022 at 03:55 AM..