View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2010, 02:50 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Changing Dominions 3 defaults

Hmmm.... looking at this thread again (because someone asked a question about settings) I see something I said that was wrong. I need to correct it.

At least in some OS's it is NOT true that you can put all the switches you want. As I am famous for, I have hit a limit that most people would never come close to seeing. On WinXP it appears to be something like 255 characters limit on how much you can add to a command line. There are some tricks you can use to shorten things up and squeeze more in but if you get as insane as I did then you will still probably end up having to create specific desktop icons for specific uses of the Dom3 exe if you really want to tweak personal settings for each one. They wont all fit on one.

Gandalf Parker
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)