View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2009, 10:19 AM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sign of the Hammer - A Warhammer Mod Game. Game on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombre View Post
He definitely had some Xhotl, because I remember killing a bunch of them. I wasn't really using the kind of stuff they're good against - I think they died more to rigor mortis than anything else. I also had flaming arrows up, which as you know they don't like too much.

I think the temple guard and sacred spawnings have indeed taken over too much for Lizardmen, so I'll be scaling (haw haw) them back. I am still reluctant to make them cap only, but it does seem like it would be very effective in changing the way itza plays. I may even make the 5th gen Slann cap only as well - I don't think this would actually make a massive difference (since they're so expensive) and would work fine thematically with temple guard being cap only.
Yeah, nehekhara is not really the ideal person to use xhotl on, as fire is pretty much all they do. Rigor mortis is certainly not really their forte either.

I still like the dormant slann auto/domsummon of them better, but making them cap only is certainly the easiest fix balance-wise. Making 5th gen slann cap only would make them almost completely not worth recruiting, but it probably wouldn't make too much difference overall, no. And I agree that it is thematically sensible.
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP