View Single Post
Old December 9th, 2010, 01:11 PM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "A Song of Ice and Fire", veterans-only game, MA. In progress, midgame...

I've had battles against dozens of SC's with up to 30 MR which got disintegrated by vampire spaming them.
I'm sure if they had continued casting it they would have eventually done it. Besides, the communion gave a +2 penetration and I was hoping on a numbers game, percentages.

All the soul slays they used were scripted by me I think.

You're probably right about splitting my forces. I should have moved that whole army to the fort, I kinda expected the AI would at least cast a raise something now and than to support me.
With 2x undead chaff I might have actually won it. And the damn tartarian who was supposed to AoL my army was stuck crazy.

In any case I was rather disappointed at the battle results to say the least.
Corwin, the problem with large battles and the 5 spell rule is that the first 2-3 rounds you end up buffing yourself and the troops are still out of range as you *have to place mages behind as to not get killed by attack rear or archers. Quite often so it happens that mages can't cast scripted spells due to range and you have to rely on long range spells, or, in my case now, the AI casting something that can actually kill.