View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2011, 08:03 AM

First Lieutenant

Corwin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "A Song of Ice and Fire", veterans-only game, MA. In progress, midgame...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimaz View Post
Nice battle defending that castle Executor, now you have an extra Ember lord
Brainwashed Ember Lord, which had to be re-equiped and GORed to be of much use. But still...

Yes, I've underestimated hom much stuff Executor has managed to get to that castle over the last few turns. And I couldn't afford to lose a turn on a scout to peek inside. Aye, good job Executor.

If only my stupid Sea King SC would manage to push to the castle gate, this whole thing may had gone differently...

And to add insult to the injury, I've made a stupid mistake on not leaving a single commander on siege duty when ordering storm, damnit.

On a positive note - I've managed to ambush and annihilate two of the Jotun's devil armies, both in a single province. Giants should not split their force like. Too bad their blood SCs have escaped, but still it was an important victory for Pythium - it made the dangerious position of my southern army a bit more stable.

To Executor - so are you planning to just sit on our central front doing nothing? I thought you said you were going to wipe out "my pesky reinforcements", now that you got your bottleneck castle back and rebuild the lab. If you want to achieve a breakthrough you will have to deal with my army there - I am not going to attack you on this front in the near future, since the time is working for me - I have plenty of opportunities to advance on other fronts against you and Jotun, where I do not face such strong opposition. Not to mention I have higher gem income. You, however, will have to come through me, since you can't afford to go around me and leave me in your back.