View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2009, 08:44 AM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Conceptual Balance Mod 1.41

The LlamaServer isn't able to start games with CBM 1.41, as given. It turns out that the problem is with the spells Bind Spine Devils and Bind Serpent Fiends. It throws the error:

Loading spells: CBcomplete_1.41.dm
name2spell Bind Spine Devil
N�got gick fel!
name2spell: no such spell!!
N�got gick fel!
name2spell: no such spell!!

I think the reason is that the spells change their own name. Maybe for some reason it reads the mod twice, and the second time can't cope. Anyway, I've fixed it. Instead of changing the spells, it seems you have to copy them, change the copies and simply make the original spells unresearchable. I've changed the copy on the LlamaServer and I think perhaps it won't matter for client machines, but if you could use the modified code in the next version that'd be great.

Here's my fixed version:

--
#newspell
#copyspell "Bind Spine Devil"
#name "Bind Spine Devils"
#fatiguecost 800
#nreff 3
#descr "The caster sacrifices several blood slaves to contact and bind three Spine Devils. Spine Devils are spine covered, wingless demons that fight with t\
wo venomous claws. The spines covering their bodies are poisonous and anyone attacking them with short weapons may get poisoned."
#end

#selectspell "Bind Spine Devil"
#school -1
#end

#newspell
#copyspell "Bind Serpent Fiend"
#name "Bind Serpent Fiends"
#nreff 2
#descr "The caster sacrifices several blood slaves to contact and bind two Serpent Fiends. Serpent Fiends are bat-winged, serpent-like demons summoned from \
the Abyss. Their bite is highly venomous."
#end

#selectspell "Bind Serpent Fiend"
#school -1
#end
--

Also, what were your thoughts on including Endo's Mark of the Champion mod in the next version of CBM?

Thanks for all your work QM!
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs