Thread: 10 Years
View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2016, 07:12 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default 10 Years

Incredible just realised I have been playing this game for 10 years now (give or take a month) that is just mind blowing & a true testimony to the quality of the game.
10 Years!!!
More amazing is during that period my breaks away from the game probably only amount to 2 years.
You take a break but just keep coming back either for the challenge because its a thinking mans game or because its had a few tweaks over the years, some of which while seeming minor have necessitated changes in tactics.
The subject matter helps & the fact that its implemented well enough that real life tactics work is I think the big plus, combat feels right.
Strangely enough I think the large number of random factors is a large part of what makes this game. Things go wrong in war & its those moments when you stare at the screen or even on occasion swear at it that really make you think.

I would like to thank Andy & Don for making this great game & more so for persevering with it & still supporting it as I am sure any love for it is now long gone.
Awesome guys.

I would also like to thank my wife for putting up with my addiction & not giving me to much agro over it though I still get grief though for destroying Russian post cold war tanks. She is a worry thinks the ones with the little ERA bumps look sorta cute.