Thread: EditPad Pro
View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2004, 10:14 AM

Sergeant

henk brouwer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EditPad Pro

Quote:
Originally posted by ace joh:
One problem is I currently can't change any of the 'syspics', so I have to use the same 'spellFXanims', 'spells' and 'spellFXmissiles' (not to mention the interface would remain fantasy style, but that's only eyecandy) unless I change the graphics in the base pictures/syspics folder. Then I would need a .bat file or something that would swap files correctly everytime you run it etc... Maybe someone should create a 'modlauncher'
I'm not sure of this because I haven't tested it, but I think you can create a 'Syspics' folder in your modules folder, the game should use any pictures you put in there instead of the ones in the pictures directory of the base folder. (you can do the same thing for almost any other file in the game, if you have a different copy of it in the appropriate folder in your own module, the game should use it instead of the default one)
Quote:

Another thing is, since I can't create 'natural' ranged attacks for the monsters, they all have to be spells (seeing as it's WWII, almost everything is ranged ).

You're right about the utilities, maybe I should try them out . Too bad the Datamodifier can only load the stock images?
Datafilemodifier is some kind of improved wordpad, I think you mean classfilegenerator. It only seems to load images that are in the pictures folder of the base folder. you can copy them there to make your files.

I use classfilegenerator a lot, it makes it a lot easier to import new graphics in the game, you can set most of the important object properties with a few simple mouseclicks. some editing in wordpad might be nessecairy, but it saves lots and lots of time. And since you're working on a WWII mod you'll probably need to import a lot of new graphics.

The other Utility, statgenerator seems to be broken in the current Version (it only loads Version 1.00 files it seems).

[ February 27, 2004, 08:16: Message edited by: henk brouwer ]

Christmas module v1.05 (attached to first post)

Xerathul's Revenge v0.5