View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2008, 05:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

kasnavada is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How many troops form a \"large enough\" force?

I just lost over 300 maenads (half of my troops) in a game against an army of about 80 demons because the script was ignored.

I would also probably have won on a standard map but this was a castle defence... I outnumbered them so much that eventually the maenads and other troops would have found the mages that hid behind the ennemy troops.

The script was : cast phantasmal armies (in order to reduce my loss), shoot a few lightning bolt, or buff and then fly to attack rearmost units (hopefully the commanders, but it should have killed enough to break their morale). Since the army in front was "small" the SC neglected using the gems and was therefore stuck for a dozen turns while the castle and ennemy archers shot my maenads until morale broke, and finally buffed (no idea why) then flew to the back and started doing it's job (with over 90 fatigue, this was a suicide, but thankfully, morale broke before it was too late)).

The ennemy force was about 8% of mine in number, and equal in force (with the castle). If we consider HP, the ennemy army had about 30% what my army had (rough estimate). If we consider average defence, attack, hp, he would have the advantage (and by far : this army was chaff mostly).

I'd love to see an AI capable of taking into account more information (like comparing average HP or attack or protection), in order to do a better guess when deciding to use gems or to follow the script...

It would make chaff armies a little stronger (since in a fight between a chaff armies and a "elite" army the chaff woult start using gems) but I don't actually see this as a problem.

Well, in my case, the main mistake was casting such a spell. I won't ever do that again...
* Darwi Odrade