View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2009, 10:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

S.R. Krol is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Prod me to purchase Scallywag?

Obviously I'm coming from a biased perspective so I'll try responding as neutral, but hopefully helpful, as possible.

As you can tell from the forum it's been rather dead, which is unfortunate. Scallywag has some nifty mechanics and a slightly different focus than most RLs (that being that speed to completion is more important than hacking everything in sight). The key point though is how easy it is to mod, and it's truly baffling that point hasn't been latched onto. When it first came out I knew a few people messing around with the ideas of some mods, but nothing ever came of it.

All I can say is play the demo. The demo gives you an excellent sample of what to expect in the full game (you can even mod the demo). If you're not interested in doing a lot of modding keep that in mind, as that will impact what the game is to you.

As far as updates, etc, the game when released was rather stable, with nothing out of the ordinary being reported. Unfortunately I believe the developer has other priorities in is life at the moment so don't expect any updates anytime soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to S.R. Krol For This Useful Post: