Thread: A favor...
View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2009, 06:34 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A favor...

Ive been playing SEIV and Dominions 3 back and forth for the last month (no money for new games), dwelling on the things that make me love them both equally. And the differences.

One thing I realized is that for ME at least one thing that SEIV had over Dom3 was something that lent an RPG factor for my character. With Dom3 you dont really manage the provinces you take. You simply use them to recruit bigger armies.

With SEIV there were facilities and events which made me feel more like a leader that had to also take care of the empire. Yes they all had impact on war-capabilities. But some of the planets could be primed for specific purposes. Such as an optimum world, facilities which increased growth, fighting off a plague, these things gave me the feel of one planet being a Ryssa party-world to be protected. There wasnt alot of it. But SEIV does have more of a feel for managing an empire than Dom3 does. In fact it was probably a pretty good level. Not so much as to feel like micro-managment, but enough for some variety and rpg.

Just thought Id mention it. Id hate to see it left out in favor of more war-game.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)