View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2010, 05:31 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

ano is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Noobs and Vets II: Days of Infamy. MA, BI. Game Over. Supplicants Triumph!

To conclude.
I do think that our team was the strongest by nations and pretenders selection if played properly (and I hope we did it). It was a bit unbalanced and even more so taking into account the enormous AI hordes and PD that our Princes could fight without problem. But, without doubt, it was not drastically unbalanced and I'm sure that the other teams, especially the Usurpers could perform much better if played correctly.
Also, the AI factor appeared to be too big in this game and this is what I particularly disliked. Game was over right before the fun was about to begin and we won by concession just because we fought AI better. I expressed my opinion regarding uber-AIs somewhere before, so nothing new here.
That's it. We made only one huge mistake - it was the loss of fully quipped Wight mage (Sickle+ Boots of the Planes) to Abysia because he refused to cast two "Resist Fire" spells (one from Fire school and another one from water+earth). Now I understand they give the same effect and thus don't stack but we didn't realize. He cast Blade Wind instead of fire resistance, gathered fatigue and died pitifully.