View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2006, 10:06 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default What Is More Important To You?

I have read a great many posts over many forums about Space Empires V where posters raised issues about the lack of eye popping graphics and Empire At War quality eye candy game play.

So I ask you all what is more important to you, a games graphics, or a games game play?

For me it is hands down a games game play. EAW and its expansion pack, are great looking games, but they have no real game play depth and lack replayability past a week or two.

While SE V, albeit it not a runaway hit as of yet, may not have eye popping detailed graphics, does have it where it does count, in the game play depth department.

I often find myself wondering why any one would want graphics over game play? Sure eye candy is always welcome, but to be blunt and honest, what good is eye candy if the game has no challenge and lacks replayability?

EAW and its expansion are good games, but neither is worth the true value of a game like Space Empires V or even Dominion 3. Something has to be said about games like these, they are indeed masterspeaces in their own rights, and in my humble opinion, kick the utter arse out of many mainstream games.