View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2015, 10:04 PM

Private

OrionM42 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cave-in survival?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubious View Post

Another major "blocker" threat are "Puffers". They can spawn multiple copies when destroyed. When there are several, then they seem to go into a spawning frenzy and can pack an area, while inflicting damage on you. Once you get injured enough they can become a major threat to existence.

-Dubious-
Gotta Agree. I hesitate to complain about a detail like this, because (firstly) different folks like different details/features/challenges; and (secondly) a game like this is so addictive and satisfying, that a small annoyance isn't usually a big issue ...

But, that said, I have come to find puffers (especially now in version 1.2) to be annoying and tiresome. At best they are tiresome. There simply seem to be too many, on too many levels, in too many caves. I think they should be seen less frequently.

At worst, they are really annoying, when they spawn so rabidly, that they make the difference between surviving, or losing an Away Team. Okay -- they are a legitimate danger (and there have be such things); but couldn't we at least see them less frequently? As a matter of fine-tuning the game, to make it more *FUN*, I would recommend reducing their frequency. Just a suggestion, but if enough people feel this way, maybe they really should be "nerfed"

BTW: Version 1.2 has a LOT of significant improvements! Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to OrionM42 For This Useful Post: