View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2017, 09:24 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Modder's Toolkit?

I load the official Icon lists with a text editor that has an excellent search feature and I've been using that to find whatever I need for nearly 2 decades. if you cannot "find" what you are looking for on the official Icon list you need to use a better text editor. It's not about Function......it's about the tools you use and if you don't use the correct tools you cannot function so what you propose is a considerable number of man-hours work because you are using tools that are not fully functional. The one I use IS so I don't need a redundant Excel version. Would you use MS paint to build an Icon??

For example, I can tell you in under 1 second that in WW2 there are 29 Icons with "panther" as part of their description in the 9069 Icon slots now available to me.... And one click on the search result list brings me to the one I want .....how would Excel do that any better ?? It won't which is why redoing the list in Excel is a complete waste of time and why I never bothered to do so.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; December 5th, 2017 at 09:59 AM..