View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2021, 07:28 AM

Corporal

Felix Nephthys is on a distinguished road
Default Re: HQ unit for AI run side

I guess for me I've always treated it as just another command unit, albeit the most important one (the morale issue if it's destroyed comes to mind here). As far as off-map units being unavailable more often if the A0 unit is lost, to be honest when it's happened to me I've never really noticed an appreciable increase in that occurring (it's possible I've just been lucky on this issue).

As far as keeping the A0 out of the way, there are times when I like to have that extra rally to use so I tend to be more free with it's use (can't rally by radio so I have to have it within at least 5 hexes of the subordinate unit I might want to rally). This actually doesn't happen often but if I need to I do it. There have been times when I've lost the A0 unit to a stupid mistake, scenario 0001 Organized Chaos 8/39 in WinSPWW2 immediately comes to mind. In that scenario I foolishly lost my A0 unit early on to a Polish sniper but still went on to almost completely destroy the force defending the hill. Just shows that even if you should lose the A0 all is not lost (unless it's a campaign against the AI of course).