Thread: Wishlist Modding shortlist
View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2009, 04:05 PM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Modding shortlist

I'd like to see #wasteshape for wastelands, #desertshape for deserts, #swampshape for swamps, #caveshape for caves, and #mountainshape for mountains. A #cityshape might be interesting, too, for when a unit is inside a Fortress.

Possibly also a #seigeshape/#wallshape, that would only occur in battle, when the unit is either storming, or defending, a seiged castle, respectively.

I'd also like to see a Stronger in Caves ability. Speaking of caves, it would be nice if there were such things as magma caves and ice caves, as occur in nature, and if they had some kind of special identity/ability as such.

Also, a Stronger Enspelled/Weaker Enspelled ability, that would cause a unit to become stronger or weaker while under the influence of an enhancement spell, such as Air Shield etc.

I'd like the ability to make forgings unique--so that we can make new artifacts, in other words. Not sure if it's been added to this list yet.

Something else that I'm not sure has been listed is adding the ability to swallow victims. I think the monster fish does that... Other units may also.

I also would very much like the ability to mod/add to the gems.

How about a special touch/bite attack that turns defeated enemies into mannikins, zombies, vine-creatures, various forms of undead, etc?

Or one that has a slight chance to cause a non-commander enemy unit to transform into an assassin-type unit, later on. Like a bite attack that did the same as a lycanthrope amulet, except it has a chance of turning your unit into a rabid enemy werewolf, who then would attack his commander.

I'd also like something that would be the opposite of Awe, an ability (or weakness, whatever you want to call it), that promotes enemies to continue attacking that creature, to the exclusion of other enemies. You could call it "Revile" or something. It would make for an interesting battlefield mechanic.

Finally, I'd like to see an ability that actually makes a unit stronger, after having been struck by a certain type of magical "damage". Such as a fire elemental getting more HP after being hit by an enemy fireball, or a storm demon getting more HP after being struck by lightning. Something like Lifedrain, but defensive/passive, rather than offensive, and magical damage-based.

And more unit numbers, please!