View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2010, 08:24 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I need Information

OK. I'm interested in the combat loads and have already made some changes in that regard because our HE loadout tends to be a bit low in some OOB's but I will only be adjusting the grossly out of line. If one nation has 15 sabot and another 12 that's not going to be an issue for me. Having 8 HE when it should be closer to 18 will be. Also, most of the "AP" ammo for the export 125mm guns has already been removed. "AP" in the game CAN ALSO represent older "sabot" ammo when a nation may be using old and new stock but in many cases ( already corrected ) tanks were set up with only AP and no sabot whatsoever and the "AP" number wasn't even high enough to represent BM-9. A good example of that would be unit 553 in the Libyan OOB. It currently has an in service date of 2005 but is using what amounts to pre 1970 era BM-9 for it's main tank killing ammo. As noted, problems like that have already been identified and fixed

BM-12 is a valid addition to export but the problem with BM-17 is, depending on the source, only marginally better or marginally worse that BM-15. In game terms when averaged out it might be a point higher or lower than BM-15 and when you average those two together you end up with the same number. Given the DOI for both is 1972 what will be in the game for that year is a composite of BM-15 / BM-17 with an rated 43 pen which will give the published certified penetrations and solid average of the predicted average penetrations at 2000 m and that would only be used for nations that indicate a 72 ammo. Some, Like the Russian OOB use different combinations of Sabot and HEAT advancements than the export clients which makes the whole exercise a real treat and it gets worse the deeping I dig and I've been trying to get through all the other work first before settling down to deal with the ammo issue which will involved virtually all the major suppliers ammo. Once I realized the con-o-worms I was opening up at the beginning of January I put it aside and should start on it by next weekend. Preliminary checkes seem to indicate that much of the German Ammo was given penetration stats at the "muzzle" that would be more applicable to distances between 1km and 2 km but , as noted, I put that all aside to deal with the other OOB issues first so I haven't done the type of research needed to ensure that is indeed the case

Don

Last edited by DRG; January 31st, 2010 at 08:59 AM..