View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2008, 10:24 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Nation: Dragons, Magic Incarnate

I haven't had that much chance to play it yet, but I played a bit earlier and was having no trouble beating 3 normal ai's simultaneously with just the highest prot recruitable dragons and commanders. On the other hand most of the recruitable dragons seem very weak to me. For example, the ones that shoot and do poison damage, I'm not sure they would ever be better to recruit than the bonebiter dragons. The bonebiters do a lot of damage but don't have great attack skill, but they have enough to kill light and medium infantry well enough, and they have enough strength that almost no matter how much protection an enemy has they can tear through it. I guess if you were fighting someone with glamoured infantry you might want to try the poison guys, but I don't think there is any in LA. 4 ap, strength of wielder not added, weak poison seems a bit underwhelming for a 40 gold unit. I've not used them yet though so maybe I'm just not realizing some hidden potential.

I think it would be better though if the dragons were diversified more from each other. For example, maybe the mist dragons could have high defense skill (16+ I'm thinking), or #onebattlespell mistform.