Thread: Bug Wish List
View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2009, 11:46 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,443 Times in 2,699 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Bug Wish List

I appreciate your concerns but aside from iCaMpWiThAWP the number of people jumping in saying this has bothered them as well is zero especially on the Z fire issue.

Your story about the crewman turning into uber tank killer is interesting but neither Andy nor I have seen this happen to the extent you describe. When I tried to force a crew armed only with pistols into atacking my tank loaded with troops they refused and in two out of five cases ran away. NOT once did I see a crew , armed only with pistols, "recovers and makes two close assaults on a MBT, killing half the riders" Not once. Give them Hand grenades and thats another story. A hand grenade tossed into infantry crowded onto a tank will do nothing nice to the infantry on the tank. That's why infantry don't ride on tanks where enemys may be lurking . As for direct fire arty, after the first shot or two troops are prone and far less vulnerable and therefore hard to kill but yes, after lobbing a dozen 155's into a hex and only causing one casualty can be a bit frustrating so I would suggest this .....

1-If the crew issue is common then there should be NO problem producing a save game for us that shows this.

2-If you believe the AI's use of direct fire arty is that much more affective than the human use of direct fire arty there should be no problem producing a save game that shows that as well and if anyone else wants to get involved with this don't be shy. If it can be proven that the AI gets better results the game WILL be corrected and if you can demonstrate over and over that one man crews are uber tank killers that will be fixed as well

Don

Last edited by DRG; October 20th, 2009 at 12:55 PM..