View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2010, 03:17 AM

Corporal

void1984 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: spotting when turning around your units

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross View Post
Therefore turret turns would probably be free, so in a tank you could chose to fire from your current hull facing and get the first shot (but perhaps expose weaker hull armour to return fire), or turn to face the enemy (lose 1 mp) and trigger op fire.
And it can be done with existing controls. Using 'T' you turn only your turrer, L-click turns whole vehicle.

Quote:
For op-fire, could SP guns (that were facing away) just turn to face the enemy but not shoot for their first op-fire, and if they get a second op-fire they would actually fire?

But then if you engage an SP gun from two different directions it would keep re-facing but not shooting...just thinking out aloud.
So the result would be silly. But maybe it can be limited to only one turn in opponents turn.

Quote:
Would facing changes cost mp for all units or just AFV?
I am strongly convinced that it shouldn't affect infantry. I have seen movies with soldiers in hostile territory and they trying to keep their eyes all around. They can because they have many men, not just one or two view points in the vehicle with many dead fields.

Quote:
Perhaps units like SP guns and ATk guns should only be able to op-fire in the direction they are facing; don't allow them to swivel except on the player's turn and then it costs 1 mp.

I could see that this would make facing far more important, and more realistic than the current SP situation.
It's also an idea.