View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2009, 10:51 PM

Lieutenant General

JimMorrison is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fomoria - Where is your God now? (AKA - The Other Giant Meat)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3D View Post
Fomoria has access and gems for owl quills and skull mentor to help out with research.
Well as I directly implied, you are best not using your precious Air or Death for Research boosters.

In my experience, 2 castles pumping out Druids, and your capital doing a King per turn, will net you an "average" rate of RP over time, if you can keep most of the Kings at home for the first few years of the game.

The tricky deal is, by supplanting the majority of army upkeep costs through the use of small squads of potent sacreds, your ability to build castles should generally be quite robust. Obviously, as described, you want several castles churning out Unmarked Champions, but you also will find it easier than many other nations, to just say "I like those indie mages", and plop one of your castles on top of them. You should have enough surplus to afford to push out even the less cost effective but more attractive indies, such as Crystal Sorceresses, or Enchantresses. Though if you don't have an available site to mine in this manner, more Druids are always useful to you, especially in any battle that you provide a Storm.

Granted, you have a LOT of great spells, and a LOT of expensive Research goals. This is one nation where you are certainly better off if you can win an early war through swift and brutal application of force, so that your economy can grow faster than others. In the game that I won, I was annoyed by one of my neighbors, who happened to be caught in a very cathartic early war. I was not amused, so I stormed in with guns blazing, and toppled over both empires, thus sitting on 3 capitals by the end of year 3, and building castles like crazy.