View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2012, 11:23 AM

Private

Procyon Lotor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: a lEArning experience (Newbie EA CBM1.92) [in progress]

Here is the Tragic Tale: I had three provinces adjacent to my start. One was weakly defended, but rather worthless. The other two were more stiffly defended, but more valuable. Of those two, one had heavy cavalry. The other had infantry and light cavalry. So I took a stab at the latter, only to find that they had heavy cavalry also. It was actually a close fight, down to my last infantry squad advancing on their horse archers. But they didn't get there.

So my 2nd turn expansion failed. It was a very close call, within the margin of error of the RNG. I rolled the dice and failed, but I don't necessarily regret it.

I regrouped a turn, then tried again. Actually, that was my REAL mistake. Since I had routed all but 6 horse archers, I should have attacked again immediately. I thought the AI forces were like province defense, and I expected them to regenerate. Total n00b error.

Anyone ever play Jagged Alliance 2? Think of me now as Elliot. I am a simpering little turd, motivated only by fear. Slap me and threaten me and I'll do whatever you want. Just please stop slapping me!