View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2009, 04:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

Hoplosternum is on a distinguished road
Default Scenario nearly working. But not quite....

I have been working on a scenario that is intended for a one off themed mp game on the Llamaserver.

Some of you helped answer some questions on modding and map commands that I have used developing this. So I am coming back for some more advice.

The mod and the map are now being tested by myself and some things are working well and others are not. I have also noticed some quirks which I can live with but wonder if they are caused by my msitakes or are as designed by the game? And I am still frustrated by some of the things I either can't change or don't know how the things are now in order to make changes.

The stuff that works include:

In the Mod:
Changes to monsters and new monsters such as:

-Sagittarian
#newmonster 2902
#copystats 706
#copyspr 706
#name "Sagattarian"
#descr "Certain Pans have perfected their martial prowess instead of developing their skills of Earth and Nature. These holy warriors have varied magic and greater martial skills than their Pan brothers"
#clearmagic
#magicskill 6 1
#magicskill 3 1
#magicskill 51 1
#magicskill 52 1
#magicskill 8 1
#holy
#str 18
#att 13
#def 18
#prec 11
#hp 36
#regeneration 10
#researchbonus -3
#gcost 360
#end

#selectnation 61
#addreccom 2902 -- Sagittarian
#end

*Kala-Mukha Warrior* -- BALANCE
#selectmonster 1763
#gcost 50
#end

All works well And it seems to accept changes made to the mod during the game! As my Sagittarians were recruitable by Atlantis at the start of one of my test games But then switched where they could be recruited later!

Lots of changes to the map file. Most of which work.

#dom2title End_Of_Days
#imagefile End_Of_Days.rgb
#domversion 321
#defaultmapzoom 1.510305
#scenario
#features 50
#description "This map has been adapted from Gandalf Parker's randomly created map M_01_04Mar09 for The End of Days MP game."
#allowedplayer 49

So scenario details works But can I set independent strength here?

#specstart 49 178 -- Arcoscephale Capital

Setting starts works

#setland 159
#owner 49
#defence 25
#temple

And lands ownership works Although these were all attacked by independents on turn 2??? The indies, even if they won, never tried to storm even empty castles though despite getting 'breaches'....

#setland 66 -- Pangaea Capital
#commander 706 // Pan
#comname "Faunicles"
#clearmagic
#mag_nature 3
#mag_earth 1
#mag_astral 2
#mag_fire 2

Plus giving some customised bonus leaders saving me the trouble of adding loads of heroes works

#commander 858 // Tuatha
#randomequip 3
#units 20 849 // Daoine Sidhe
#units 30 1785 // Firbolg Axe
#units 30 1779 // Milesian Slinger

Adding some independents works

But the special sites I made don't appear

-- Eriu
#land 96
#killfeatures
#knownfeature "Tuathan Rememberance"
#knownfeature "Daoine Glade"
#lab
#population 20000

So this isn't working Well the population and the lab appears but the sites don't appear

In the mod (where the mistake may be) these sites appear as for example:

#newsite 851
#Name "Daoine Glade"
#path 6 -- Nature
#level 0
#rarity 4
#gems 6 1
#mon 849 -- Daoine Sidhe (Sacred)
#com 850 -- Sidhe Champion (Sacred)
#gold 60
#decscale 5 -- Magic
#end

What am I doing wrong? It does not seem to work if I add the site numbers rather than the names either.

Also I wanted to make a few other changes. Changing Ashen Empires domkill with the #domkill command. But I don't know what the default is so it's difficult to know what to set it as?

I also wanted to add some extra heroes but found I could not find a listing of the existing heroes. I can see the new additions from Worthy Heroes but I don't know in many cases what I would be removing if I added extra heroes or have a listing of the originals powers. I know the stats are probably in Edi's DB spreadsheet but I can't identify which are the LA Abysian heroes for example. Is there a listing anywhere?