View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2009, 08:28 AM

Corporal

happygeek is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Final Newbie Question (or compilation of questions!)

Thank you!
One more question, and some follow-up questions, thanks in advance.

AI: This better AI mod, where can I find it? I would be happy to install it if people think it is koscher.

Have the developers / producers indicated any updates to AI in (future) patches, e.g. protect the prophet, etc.?

Another thing I noticed is that the AI often has really odd pretender designs (bad synergy, weird bless choices, counterproductive scales, odd semi-rainbow imprisoned immobiles, etc...) -- Wrana said you can "edit the map" to get the AI to use good pretenders; I don't understand that. Can anyone help me, or is that for advanced people only?

Stuff: Could a button which lets you see/edit a commander's battle orders (the "t" screen for a commander) when you have that commander "open" be added into a patch?

New Question!:

- Area of Effect (Range): The manual states in a number of places the area of effect that certain things like Fear etc. have as a range in squares. Example: P. 57, "The base area of effect (Fear +0) is 6 squares.", or "so a Standard +8 raises the morale of units by 1 withing an 8-square area of effect". I'm confused. Intuitively, I would have thought that an "area of effect of X squares" means just that: that whatever effect lands in X squares, 6 or 8 or whatever as the case may be. Let's call this Interpretation 1. But another interpretation, let's call it Interpretation 2, which would actually make much more sense to me but I am unsure of the English, would be to treat the "X squares" as a radius, e.g. if you have Fear +0 your fear effect radiates out 6 squares in each direction. Because if it wouldnt be Interpretation 2, how do you count the squares? I mean: All adjacent squares to any unit would be 9, so which 6 would Fear +0 affect if Interpretation 1 is correct?
So in short: Interpretation 1, 2, or something else?

THank you so much.