View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2010, 04:36 AM

Major

Fantomen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: what about the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Brooks View Post
Yes. We are aware of this and we try to be understanding. But this is our home. We don't mind criticism or even discussion of our business practices. What we can't tolerate are the attacks against us.

You know, I thought the whole sombre side was starting their own forums. Whatever happened to that? Just go over there and attack us. Or choose one of the other popular Dominions 3 forums - there are several.

Is it unreasonable to ask for people to act with a little restraint in our own home?
No, it's not unreasonable perhaps. But the "sombre side" isn't so homogen either. There is another forum started, yes. But that forum is fairly small, and not (yet at least) big enough to support it's own gaming community. Only a few hardcore veterans have switched over completely.

So it's dependent on this forum to keep connected with the multiplayer crowd. Most people who are there are also here, and most people who got angry over the sombre ban but didn't get banned themselves are still only here.

The function of the dom3mods fora is for THIS community to stay in touch with members it cannot afford to lose. It's an attempt to patch up the wound, how long will that work? Plus being a safe haven for pirates, nicely welded into the community here (nice side effect, huh?)

It's too late to try and create a community for this game from scratch, so we have to hold on to what there is. That is what the bitterness is about, not about the specific things you or Anette posted anywhere (you're kinda nice usually), it's about the DAMAGE. It's about not having what we had before, it's about wishing that thing never happened.

For good or bad, new players who come here sooner or later hear the story, on IRC or the dom3mods fora, and make their conclusions. It's not two "sides", it's a general change of attitude in large parts of the community.

Your home? I guess we're your dysfunctional traumatized kids then.