View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2011, 07:17 AM

BANNED USER

Mike_T is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Request for more cooperation in order to improve the game

Spillblood, and anyone else reading this:

I filed a support ticket some weeks ago, and Shrapnel refused to answer my questions, so I persisted, but they eventually closed the ticket down. I have copied below the last exchanges between me and Shrapnel - you will see that they have assured me that all reported bugs have been addressed and that WS is one of their best selling games! Thought you might like to see this...

Added 7.30.11 3:42 PM
Viewed by user 8.14.11 8:47 AM
My problem is not related to specific bugs - I am trying to get Shrapnel to understand that it is damaging its own reputation by the
manner that it has treated customer complaints about WS.
My complaint to you was not meant to "trash" anyone - it is a reasoned complaint about your company's unsympathetic response
when a game launch has misfired. I haven't lost any money - I could just turn my back on this. I haven't because I wanted you to
understand how poorly you are viewed by many that bought this game in good faith. You won't accept that the game wasn't
properly tested before you released it, you just ask people to report bugs to the developer. A few minor bugs, maybe, but the AI
was so flawed that you should have required that the developer go back to the drawing board. There is no shame in saying sorry,
this game isn't quite right, wer'e going to suspend it whilst the developer knocks it into better shape.
I am not trashing your company - I am trying to show you how you yourselves have damaged your own reputation and credibility.
Can you not understand that?
It may be for internal political reasons that you have to stubbornly defend what your company has done.
If this is the case, then I can understand why you cannot provide meaningful customer support. It may be that I am talking to the
wrong department - please let me know.

Reply from Shrapnel:
Again. This is all opinion. But you are one of the few that have complained about the game. And people do complain when they feel
something is not right. World Supremacy is in the top 5 games in sales each month. In June it was third. We have received to date, very
few bug reports - less than 20, all of which have been addressed. So please understand YOUR complaint is not confirmed by the
masses.
Customer Support
The Gamers Front
www.GamersFront.com
Shrapnel Games, Inc.
www.ShrapnelGames.com

Added 8.14.11 9:05 AM
Viewed by administrator Not viewed
--but the feedback on the WS forum is totally negative!! Normally, when a game is well received, the forum is full of positive and
enthusiastic discussion. Where is your positive feedback?
Your modding "expert", who, according to your WS web page really "rocks" (whatever that means) has been provoked by you into such
frustration and rage that you have banned him from the forum. This is further evidence of how alienated the would-be enthusiasts have
become. Are you still telling the world that this guy is still modding and that it really "rocks"?
Iam sorry if WS is in your top 5 sales - it doesn't say much for the rest of the games and is no indicator of quality. We are both aware of
the desperately negative feedback.How much positive feedback have you really had?
Why did you release a game that was so flawed the AI was almost non-existent? Did you test the game or did you take the developer
on trust? The developer seems to take the attitude that it's down to disappointed customers to tell him what needs doing to the game -
for heaven's sake, whose game is it?
Can you please deal with my points with your customer SUPPORT hats on - not your PR hats - thanks.
Status Closed
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike_T For This Useful Post: