View Single Post
Old December 23rd, 2020, 03:33 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: US Army Center for Strategy and Force Evaluation

Thanks, good to know and that allows me to segue into a question I had meant to post on another thread but this works too and it is for everyone who might have access to info like Tobias posted. ( and was that up to 1944 or into 1944 ?? )

How were KV-2's deployed in combat ? I need info not speculation.( I can do that all on my own.....)

Given they are basically turreted Assualt guns and not actual "heavy tanks" I was thinking they might be assigned maybe two to a company if needed or maybe as independent units that might be assigned without regular KV-1's .....this IDK but my gut tells me they weren't used en masse in a company TO&E.

So if anyone has any hard info like that please share. I had been thinking they might best be in their own unitclass in a formation with maybe 2 or 3 vehicles ( Assault Tank Pl )

I decided the ask the question in Russian using a translator and found this.....

https://military.wikireading.ru/38656

and that contains an interesting read on the 6th Panzers first encounter with them June 23, 1941.

Still digging for info on how they were generally used

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; December 23rd, 2020 at 04:29 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: